Chief Financial Officer
- Manage auditing and regulatory reporting functions to ensure compliance and timely and accurate presentations.
- Design and monitor reliable internal control systems.
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage.
- Ensure that the school complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies.
- Report financial results to Bellarmine’s Board of Directors.
- Oversee accurate financial statement preparation and reporting, including month-end, quarter-end and year-end closes, annual budgets, and ongoing financial forecasting.
- Assist in formulating the school's future direction by developing accurate forecasting.
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team and advise optimal financial strategies.
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans.
- Develop financial strategies.
- Manage the accounting, human resources, legal, tax, and treasury functions.
- Oversee the school’s transaction processing systems to ensure efficiency and accuracy.
- Implement process improvements in financial, administrative, and business processes.
- Oversee employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package and sound fiscal management of Bellarmine’s 403 (b) program and Pension Plan.
- Negotiate contracts related to business processes and oversee any selected third-party vendors.
- Manage the budgeting processes.
- Manage the independent annual audits for the school’s financial results/position, endowment and retirement plan.
- Maintains a tuition assistance program
- Manage, train, supervise and evaluate four staff members of the school business office.
- 10 years plus of senior management financial accounting experience.
- BA in accounting; Current CPA license, ideally, and/or Masters of Accounting.
- Superior interpersonal skills to handle various stakeholder groups.
- Strong business management experience and skills.
- Prior management experience with HR.
- Strong background in accounting; knowledge of fund accounting and endowments highly desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in education and/or non-profit organizations is preferred.
- Must be innovative, resourceful, collaborative, and helpful in facilitating the financial management of the school.
- Promote a culture of accountability, integrity and teamwork.
- Be responsive and service-oriented relative to the financial needs of all customers (faculty/staff/administration/families).
- A solid track record of success in reaching financial goals through solid revenue and expense planning and program administration.
- Experience in strategic planning and related execution of plan.
- Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and analytics is required.
- Must have a great attitude and be a team player.
- Project management skills, ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to create, follow, and monitor processes and procedures.
- Exceptional writing skills.
- Knowledge of Non-Profit Advancment/Development structure and processes.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher).
- Proficiency in Bloomerang Donor Software or comparable database management systems.
- Handles confidential information with sensitivity and integrity.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Background in a Jesuit school or private secondary school is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please submit your completed Bellarmine application, cover letter and resume to:
- Organize and lead the Bellarmine 360 high school FIRST Robotics teams.
- Responsible for creating a program that aligns with the mission of the school in developing the whole person.
- Design opportunities for student leadership within the program and individual team.
- Empower student leadership while maintaining a positive environment for all students.
- Build relationships with students, mentors, and parents. Supervise Mentors, Volunteers/Staff.
- Review and approve cost estimates and design calculations.
- Communicate expectations to parents and students about what is expected of them in terms of their commitment to the team, coordinate help, maintaining equipment, purchase supplies, register for competitions, create schedules and implement team building activities.
- Enforce standards of performance and production quality.
- Experience in one or more of the following technical areas is also highly desirable: Technical Management, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Robotic Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, and Industrial Fabrication.
- The team meets weekly in the fall and most weekdays and weekends during the intense six-week period known as the build season in January and March. Meetings vary based on the activities needed to ensure preparedness for all upcoming on/off-season events.
- Nurture a sense of ownership among team members for their team’s robot and projects.
- Follow all safety rules and guidelines of the FIRST Robotics program.
- Display kindness, patience, and professionalism.
Morning Shuttle Bus Drivers - Three Regular and Five Substitute
Full Job Description
Support Staff Application
Job Summary: Bellarmine Preparatory School is seeking candidates that have a few extra hours in the morning that would like to spend that time with a mission-based organization dedicated to education. We have three regular and five substitute shuttle bus driver positions for our morning routes. Applicants need to be available Monday through Friday, from 6:15-8:15 a.m. and at times until 9:15 a.m. Pay is $16.85 per hour, guaranteed 3-hours per day. Most routes are about 1 hour of driving time, 30-45 minutes for fueling and light cleaning. No CDL and no experience required, paid training provided!
- Valid driver's license; at least 21 years old
- Clean driving record
- Pass a background check
- Complete Safe Environment training
- Punctual and reliable attendance
- Good verbal communication skills
Please submit your completed Bellarmine application and cover letter to:
Kevin Meines, Dean of Students
Bellarmine Preparatory School
2300 S. Washington St.
Tacoma, WA 98405
Please Note: These applications are created as interactive Adobe PDFs. To type your answers on one of the employment applications, you must first open the document and then select "Enable Editing." You may type directly on an application form (in the blue highlighted area only) and save it to your hard drive and e-mail it as an attachment. You can also download it and save a blank form to your computer and complete it by hand.