- To promote a progressive initiation into prayer.
- To help students come to know of and about Christ.
- To help them strive for a personal relationship with Jesus.
- To promote formation in authentic spiritual values and attitudes so students can discern between good and evil, recognize the reality of sin (personal and societal), its effects are true freedom, so as to "become more fully human."
- To help students examine their lives in light of the Hebrew and Chrisitan Scriptures
- To place students in touch with the religious traditions and spirituality of Catholic Christianity
- To promote an awareness and sensitivity to other faith traditions in the world.
- To promote the following learning skills: repetition, logical analysis, critical reflection, synthesis, theory and application,m imaginative expression in creative writing or images, and essay writing.
- To connect the religious education curriculum more intimately with the variety of campus ministry programs.
- To promote a clear expression of the Ignatian vision and spirituality.
- To introduce students to the Catholic Social Teaching and their impact upon the everyday life for a person of conscience.
For department requirements and offerings please visit the course catalog.