Academic Center of Excellence
The Academic Center of Excellence (ACE) is a dynamic center designed to facilitate and enhance student learning. This multifaceted space serves as an extension of the classroom and offers multiple pathways for student scholarship and support.
- 8:00 a.m. – 3:45 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday
- 8:30 a.m. - 3:45 p.m. Wednesday
- 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Friday
- Extended Office Hours on designated Wednesdays 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
- Students peruse, explore, and check out selections of fiction, nonfiction (primary, secondary, and tertiary sources), textbooks, and reference materials.
- If a student is interested in a text that does not have a physical presence in the Center, we will make it available to the student (through purchase or inter-library loan).
- We provide quiet study for students seeking independent study.
Research & Scholarship
- We believe in inquiry-based learning. Students are encouraged in their classes and through the Center to ask questions, explore material, and share their ideas. Research is a key component of this process.
- Students can access 24 databases.
- Tutorials are created in collaboration with faculty to strengthen skills at all stages of research.
- Students can schedule consultations with our faculty for specific instruction pertaining to their research goals.
Digital Services and Printing
- Digital Services provides ongoing, drop-in support services to students for their technology needs: Click here
- Students can access printing and assistive technology support.
Accommodation Planning and Management
- Bellarmine helps to ensure students have equal access to educational and co-curricular programming. Individualized services and reasonable accommodations are provided to students with diagnosed learning differences and/or medical needs. All accommodations and learning support services are voluntary and must be implemented within Bellarmine’s college preparatory curriculum. With a clear focus on rigor and readiness, faculty utilize various instructional strategies and methods to promote academic success.
- Bellarmine offers distraction free and extended time testing to students with approved accommodations. The Testing Center engages research-based practices to ensure students receive appropriate access to authentic assessment.
Bellarmine strives to cultivate expert learners who are purposeful, motivated, resourceful, and accountable for their unique learning needs. Formal courses, academic coaching, learning consultations, small group/one-to-one tutoring, and structured study are available to students throughout the year. These on-ramps of acceleration and support are flexible and tailored to meet the needs of individual learner profiles.
- Collaboration, community, and conversation are encouraged. We designate specific spaces and resources to facilitate group study, project-based learning, and collaborative learning.
Leadership and Learning
- National Honor Society (NHS) students are trained to coach and tutor students as they practice what they learn in their courses.
- Cohorts of NHS tutors offer group review sessions to their peers.
- Students work directly with faculty members for drop-in support.
- Click Here for ACE Access Points
- We partner with faculty to integrate information literacy standards into our curriculum across subjects:
- Recognize the need/purpose for information
- Locate and access information
- Adjust search strategies
- Evaluate information
- Extract information
- Organize and apply information
- Cite information
- Evaluate the product
- Practice ethical behavior in regard to information technology
Library Services and National Honor Society
Academic Enhancement and Accommodation Planning