Counselors also provide Parent Information Nights throughout the year. Parent Nights are specific to each grade level, sophomore through senior.
Students are encouraged to see their counselor whenever they need assistance. Students come to the Counseling Center for a variety of reasons and counselors are trained to provide assistance in many areas. These include, but are not limited to:
- Concerns regarding academic performance
- Support for personal issues such as low self esteem, relationship concerns, family issues, anxiety/depression and sexual identity questions.
- Answers to questions about standardized testing
- Help with the college search and application process (also see Naviance, an interactive college planning resource)
- Referrals for outside therapists or assessments
Except in emergencies, students should arrange appointments at least one day in advance. Students must have their teacher's permission to miss class for a counseling appointment and are responsible for the material they miss.
More Counseling Resources
Click here for additional counseling resources.
Counseling Office Location & Contacts
The Counseling Offices are located in the Administration Building in the Marinkovich Counseling Center, room A-5. For general inquiries, call the main telephone line for the Counseling office (253-752-7701, ext. 831) or email Jeannie Hamilton. For a list of counselors, click here.