Bellarmine has a full-time counseling staff to meet the academic and personal needs of the student body. Students are assigned to a counselor by Ignatian Formation Period and that counselor will work with them through graduation. The counseling offices are located upstairs in the Connelly Campus Center.
Counselors Areas of Responsibility
- Seniors: O'Connor, Ellis, Singer
- Juniors: Cruz, Hunthausen, Rehberger, Bernards
- Sophomores: Barnes, Phillips, White
- Freshman: Gross Shader, Heiser,, Keller Scholz, Thorpe-Kramp
G. Mayne's Ignatian Formation Periods:
- Seniors: Hanigan, Jensen, Whitson
- Juniors: Etter, Larsen, Salazar, Bryan,
- Sophomores: Garcia, Schmitt, Minjares,
- Freshman: DeGroot, Meeker, Booth, DeGroot
- Seniors: Barnhart, Emery, Peterson
- Juniors: Nuno, McCarthy, Henderson, Modarelli
- Sophomores: Pettit, Shen, Matthew
- Freshman: Brown, Fernandez, Parent
253-752-7701, ext. 831
Freshman Year Through Graduation
Students will be assigned to their counselor based on their homeroom. This counselor will work with them all four years advising them regarding their schedules, monitoring academic progress, helping with college applications, and providing assistance with personal concerns.
The Counseling Office uses Family Connection, an interactive college planning resource, to help students prepare for college and careers.
Click on Naviance for more information.
For parents and students interested in help with the college search and application process, see the Naviance website -- an interactive college planning resource.
Naviance is a customizable planning portal for students and families that includes:
- Self-discovery assessments
- College research tools
- Course planning
- Career exploration resources
- Individual learning plan